Wednesday, March 19, 2008

eBay on developerWorks

I have written a lot of articles for IBM over the last couple of years. Most recently I got a chance to write about "my day job" if you will: eBay. I wrote two articles on how we use Eclipse at eBay to tackle a lot of interesting problems. When I first came up with the idea for the two articles, it seemed really cool but I was a little worried about it being complicated. When you think of a large company (and with 15,000 employees and a $36B market cap, eBay certainly qualifies) you think of all kinds of red tape, armies of lawyers, etc. I was pleasantly surprised to have almost none of that to deal with for these two articles. The articles definitely show some of what's "under the hood" at eBay, but its just enough to explain some of eBay's unique needs and how we have used Eclipse to help with these needs.

No comments: