Monday, March 12, 2007

Ecto-Mac

As promised, I'm giving Ecto a try on the Mac. It sure looks a lot different. The Windows look-and-feel was very Office-ish. The Mac version looks like ... Mac-like, but not really like any other Mac app. Setup was also challenging again. On the Windows version, I needed the unique GData URL to my blog (unique because it includes Blogger's internal ID for the my blog.) For the Mac version, I just needed the generic URL used to retrieve blog metadata for an authenticated user. It still required double authentication, just as the Windows version did. The insert iPhoto pic didn't work any better than the insert Flickr photo did on Windows. I'm clearly missing something. I'll use it a few times and see if it grows on me. The tagging is probably critical...

Update: The labels worked a little better. I got the little Technorati tags bit, just as Flock likes to put them. No Blogger labels, though, so this will probably not be a product I purchase.

Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

ricki said...

did you ever get ecto to work with blogger labels?

Unknown said...

No I did not. Your comment prompted me to try it again, since it has been a few months. Still no luck. In fact, the newer version of Ecto seems to have even more problems working with Blogger. It seems focussed on MovableType blogs...