Sunday, May 14, 2006

My Second Race

Yesterday I ran my second race. Like the first one, it was a 5K. I ran a 31:58 in my first race, and my goal for this one was to run under 30 minutes. I wasn't sure if I would pull it off during the race, as the course was a lot hillier than I expected. However, I finished with an unofficial time of 29:24. I was very pleased with improving my time by two minutes.


This race was in Mountain View, near the Shoreline Amphitheater and Google's campus. Actually the end of the race was through Google's campus, which is really quite nice. For my next race, I'm thinking of running the Vibha Run/Walk on July 9. It's another 5K/10K, but I think I'm going to go for the 10K this time. Not that I've mastered 5K or anything, I'd just like to give the longer distance a try. I think I will set a modest goal of 1:10. My morning runs are 5.6 miles these days, and my best time is 1:09, but that includes several stops for traffic lights. This race is also near Shoreline in Mountain View, but at least now I know to expect a few hills.

Update: My official time was 29:38. Also, here's a picture of me running in the race:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»