Monday, June 22, 2009

Buyer Beware: ProFlowers

Last month I was in Israel for three weeks. These three weeks included the date of my anniversary. I still wanted to do something nice for my wife on our anniversary, so I decided to send her flowers. I used a company that I had seen an ad for ProFlowers. While I was checking out, they gave me an offer for $15 off my order. All I had to do was fill out a survey, which I did. As part of this process I agreed to sign up for a service called EasySaver. Joining was oh-so easy as ProFlowers shared my credit card information with EasySaver. Of course EasySaver then starts charging me $15 per month for membership.

Now I was clearly stupid for falling for something like this. I was quite embarassed when my wife noticed the charges on our credit card. Luckily we only got nailed for May and June. Anyways, clearly my fault. However, I really hate shady operations like this. I will never use ProFlowers again. As far as I can tell, EasySaver is completely worthless anyways. Hopefully other folks will be smarter than me and not fall for scams like this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got suckered into EasySaver through ProFlowers as well; I was lucky enough to notice as soon as I was enrolled and promptly called to cancel. Not cool.

Caroline said...

My name is Caroline and I am the Special Programs Associate here at ProFlowers. I would like to sincerely apologize for any confusion that you may have had with our partner programs. I would be more than happy to discuss your concerns with you as well as any feedback you may have about the program. Please feel free to contact me directly, my phone number is (858) 909-3785 and my email is csegars@proflowers.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Unknown said...

@Caroline Instead of apologizing for confusion, you could apologize for the money you cost me. I'm sure your company's practice of sharing credit card numbers with other companies is documented on your site somewhere. It is still a very bad experience. For your sake, I hope the financial benefit your company gets from this outweighs the loss of business.