Saturday, August 26, 2006

Stoned

I've been away for awhile, sidelines for medical reasons. I had a kidney stone that wound up requiring surgery. The surgery was laser lithotripsy. It was the first surgery I've ever had, and the first time I've experienced general anathesia. Recovery from the surgery was actually much more painful than the actual kidney stone, but I was fully recovered in just a couple of days after the surgery. I had suffered with the kidney stone for over a week, and there was no end in sight.

Anywyas, my urologist is running a couple of tests on me in a couple of weeks to analyze my metabolism. This was my second kidney stone in two years, so he wants to see if there's anything in my diet that needs to be changed to prevent me from having another one anytime soon. I'm certainly hoping for as many stone-free years as possible.

No comments: